Expert Witness Services
Well-Respected Legal Ethics And Professional Conduct Expert Witness
Jonathan I. Arons serves as an expert witness in civil litigation. Jonathan can serve as an expert witness on the plaintiff or defendant side of a matter. In cases concerning issues of lawyer malpractice, attorney misconduct or motions for disqualification of counsel based on prior relationships or other conflicts, many cases will benefit from an expert opinion.
Jonathan has committed his entire legal career to professional ethics issues. Admitted to practice in 1983 and opening his firm in 1988, he concentrated on defending attorneys against discipline charges in the State Bar Court, advising applicants for admission or reinstatement to the California State Bar and advising attorneys and law firms on violations prevention and the resolution of ethical questions.
Ethics Expert Witnesses Are Useful In Many Types Of Cases
As an expert witness, Jonathan will present opinion testimony based on application of rules, statutes and standards of legal practice in cases involving a variety of issues, including:
- Malpractice counterclaims by clients in fee disputes/attorneys fee collection
- Sufficiency of attorney investigations into the law or facts of a case
- Attorneys who miss statutes of limitations or other deadlines
- Client waivers of claims due to attorney actions that allegedly resulted in harm to a client
- Attorney/client communication problems
- Conflicts of interest or attorney disqualification issues
- Rule 11 motions or sanctions and other similar rules or statute violations
Expert witness services extend to any court where California legal ethics issues are present, including federal cases and state cases outside of California. Regardless of the type of case, Jonathan will evaluate the attorney’s performance under the applicable rules of professional responsibility and present and defend a persuasive expert opinion in court. He can testify on behalf of either plaintiffs or defendants.